The Midterms and You: PR in the Post-Election Haze
PRSA-NCC Professional Development Committee presents...
"The Midterms and You: PR in the Post-Election Haze"
It’s one week after the midterm elections: you’ve read the news coverage and analyses, the tight races have all been decided, and the dust is finally settling.
Now what? What do these momentous midterms mean for you, your clients, and your organization?
Join us on Wednesday, November 14 to get a fuller post-election picture, specifically geared toward PR professionals. We’ve brought a range of experts (Non-profit advocacy, reporter, PR leader and grassroots strategist) to share their insights and help you better understand the election results and what they mean for your organization’s priorities in 2019 and beyond.
• How to most effectively reach and influence offices on Capitol Hill – in particular, those who are new to Congress and looking for expertise and input
• How to become a go-to source (instead of a nuisance) for journalists who write about the issues you care about
• How to work collaboratively and effectively with the lobbying and government relations community — the most important partners you never knew you had
• Atalie Ebersole, Director of Advocacy, Rescue: Freedom International, has also worked for former Rep Jo Ann Emerson (R-MO)
• Josh Habursky, Grassroots Professional Network/Assistant VP of Advocacy, The Independent Community Bankers of America
• Chuck McCutcheon, Editor, Bloomberg Law
• Kris Balderston, President of Balderston Strategic Partnerships / Former President, Global Public Affairs and Strategic Engagement at Fleishman Hillard DC
• Anne Dermondy, Director of Content Marketing, CQ Roll Call
1111 19th Street NW, 3rd Floor
Washington, DC 20036
$28 National Capital Chapter Members
$35 PRSA Members
$10 more at the door, space permitting