Special Evening at Chinese Embassy: Dinner Reception, Film Screening and Discussion
The Chinese Embassy has invited the Wharton Club of DC and members of their strategic partner organizations to a Dinner Reception, Film & Discussion.
The Washington Network Group (WNG) is a strategic partner for this event.
At this very timely moment in U.S.-Chinese relations, a special opportunity for you to join host Minister of the Embassy and the staff for fascinating evening at their magnificent I.M. Pei-Designed Embassy and its Art Collection. Stimulating way for you to learn about their nation and enjoy their cuisine, view their magnificent art, and watch a film screening, while networking with alumni of other top schools.
For Event Details & Registration: Please visit the Wharton Club of DC website.
Brief of this unique opportunity on our first visit to the Chinese Embassy:
• The evening will give us our first opportunity to enjoy the exceptional architecture and exquisite art of the I.M. Pei-designed Chancery, another landmark by this world-renowned firm.
• Wharton Club Members and guests, together with Members and guests of other top alumni and other groups, will be able to enjoy a dinner featuring Chinese cuisine and cocktail reception.
• We will then go to the elegant auditorium, where will be able to view a new documentary, Better Angels, directed and narrated by two-time Oscar-winning director Malcolm Clarke. It features comments by top politicians and business leaders: three former U.S. Secretaries of State (Henry Kissinger, James Baker, and Madeleine Albright) and others. To learn more about the film, click here.
• After that, we will have a discussion with the film's Director or Producer (or both).
5:30-6:30 pm: Dinner and Cocktail Reception
6:40 pm Greeting Speech by Minister of Chinese Embassy, introduction of cast members of Better Angels
6:50 Screening: Better Angels
8:20-8:50 pm: Discussion (Q&A) with Producer or Director of Better Angels (or both)
Cost: Wharton Club and Strategic Partners Regular Members & Guests, including the Dinner and Cocktail Reception, film screening, discussion and networking:
• Super Early Bird: thru 11/23: just $39/person;
• Early Bird 11/24- 12/1: $49/person.
• After 12/1: $59/person.
Reservations are required in advance. NO WALK-INS.