La Galette des Rois International Business Mixer
French-American Chamber of Commerce (FACC) presents:
"La Galette des Rois International Business Mixer"
Are you a Francophile? Or a business-minded person? Or simply a professional who enjoys a nice Happy Hour in one of the most beautiful Embassy in Washington? Then this event is for you! And of course, no need to speak French. Unless you want to!
• Network with fellow Francophiles, French VIPs, diplomats, professionals and business people in the wonderful Maison Francaise at the French Embassy.
• French Dessert Buffet
• Open Bar featuring French wines and beers
• Dress Code: Business, Business Casual or Cocktail Attire
• This event is organized in collaboration with our member Mer Events LLC.
What is "La Galette Des rois"?
– The galette des rois, celebrating Epiphany, the day the Three Kings (les rois) visited the infant Jesus, is baked throughout January in France. Composed of two circles of puff pastry sandwiching a frangipani filling, each comes with a crown and always has a trinket, called a fève, or bean, baked into it. It’s an invitation to gather, as much party game as pastry – if your slice has the fève, you get the crown and the right to be king or queen for the day. Happily, the galette can be made to fit your schedule. The pastry circles can be cut, covered and refrigerated ahead of time as can the almond filling (it will keep for up to 3 days). And the whole construction can be made early in the day and baked when you’re ready for it. Tuck a bean or whole almond into the filling — warn your guests! — and, if there are children in the house, put them to work crafting a crown. – New York Times
Don't forget to register for our event so that we can share this Galette des Rois together while taking the opportunity to network!
When: January 24th, 2020 7:00 PM through 10:00 PM
Location: French Embassy - 4101 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007
Contact: Email: email@example.com
FACC and BABA Members: $35
Call us if you are not yet a member and want to become one: 202-640-1806.