Israel-Virginia Technology Innovation and Collaboration
Fairfax County Economic Development Authority presents:
"Israel-Virginia Technology Innovation and Collaboration"
SPACE IS LIMITED - register by January 28, 2020
The Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA) and the Virginia Israel Advisory Board (VIAB) will co-host an Israeli defense manufacturing delegation on Monday, February 3, 2020.
This one-day conference, “Israel-Virginia Technology Innovation and Collaboration,” will focus on the latest trends in the U.S. and in Israel in defense, aerospace, homeland security, border and infrastructure protection, and marine and land tactical surveillance. In addition, there will be an opportunity for one-on-one meetings to explore partnerships between Israeli and Virginia companies.
The International Defense Cooperation Directorate of the Israel Ministry of Defense (SIBAT), is bringing a delegation of 17 Israeli companies to visit Virginia to explore collaboration and investments in the local economy. The delegation will be comprised of Israeli company representatives with advanced technologies and manufacturing capabilities in areas such as avionics, autonomous systems, naval technologies and public safety.
8:30 AM - Registration and networking breakfast
9:00 AM – Welcome remarks
• Victor Hoskins, President & CEO, Fairfax County EDA
• Dov Hoch, Executive Director, Virginia Israel Advisory Board
• Yifat Alon Perel, Minster of Economic & Trade, Embassy of Israel
9:15 AM – Federal agencies and Virginia government
• Megan Mahle, Director, Industry Partnerships, Office of Innovation and Collaboration Science & Technology Directorate, Department of Homeland Security*
10:00 AM – Israeli companies’ pitches: group 1
• Barry Zebrak Cdr. (Ret.) Regional Director North America, Israel Ministry of Defense
10:45 AM – Coffee break
11:00 AM – Panel: Aerospace and defense industry trends
• Swami Iyer, Lt. Colonel (ret), USAF, CEO, IAI North America
• Gib Godwin III, RADM, USN (ret), BriteWerx Inc.
11:45 AM – Israeli companies’ pitches: group 2
12:30 PM - Networking luncheon
1:30 PM - 1-on-1 B2B meetings
3:10 PM - Closing remarks
Israeli Delegation Participants
• SAN LTD: focuses on design, production, engineering and project management for a variety of markets including major clients in the defense sector and leading companies around the world.
• BLER: develops innovative security and cyber intelligence solutions for major law enforcement agencies and intelligence organizations worldwide.
• Astronautics C.A. LTD: high-tech defense systems supplier focusing on airborne, naval and ground forces systems and solutions.
Windward: develops maritime intelligence of global live data on vessels and shipping patterns.
General Robotics LTD: develops and manufactures advanced robotic systems for the defense and Homeland security markets.
• A.D.L. Training Solutions: develops and upgrades products to provide professional consulting for the right solution to military use in training.
• MAGAM Safety LTD: manufactures protective, rescue and survivability equipment.
• Shilat Optronics LTD: electro-optics company that offers several proprietary technologies for defense and homeland security applications.
• Elbit Systems LTD: develops and supplies a broad portfolio of airborne, land and naval systems and products for defense, homeland security and commercial applications.
• CityShob: created a multi-domain, multi-agency, multi-sensor, IoT analytics driven platform which offers advanced applications and solutions.
• RT LTA Systems: designed, developed and manufactures the SkyStar family of aerostats for use in intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance and communications applications.
• Magna BSP: developed more than 10 adaptable and customizable passive electro-optic radar security systems.
• Colugo UAV: developed a fully autonomous Colugo drone with the performance of fixed-wing aircraft and can operate in windy conditions.
• DSIT Solutions: a high-tech company that specializes in the field of fiber-optic sensing, underwater security systems, sonar and acoustics.
• Rafael: A provider of advanced defense systems for the Israeli Defense Forces and other militaries.
• AccuBeat: develops atomic clocks for accurate frequency and timing solutions.
• Israeli Aerospace Industries: Israel’s largest aerospace and defense manufacturer, producing aerial and astronautic systems for military and civilian usage.
These companies are involved in the defense, homeland security, physical security, intelligence, law enforcement and UAV markets and are looking for Fairfax County partners.
SPACE IS LIMITED - register by January 28, 2020.