How to Present to Senior Executives and Clients
"Workshop: How to Present to Senior Executives and Clients"
One of the biggest frustrations expressed by senior executives and agency leadership is how poorly strategies are communicated during meetings.
Whether updating the board, proposing a campaign idea to a potential client, or requesting a budget approval from senior management, even the smallest changes in your presentation can determine its impact. In both face-to-face and virtual meetings, the key to any successful presentation is the ability to be fully present with the listener.
This new half-day PRSA-NCC workshop will provide attendees with presentation skills training and how to speak with presence. Participants will have an opportunity to work on upcoming meetings and presentations with coaching and feedback throughout. This workshop will give participants concrete strategies to translate complex information into a clear and focused presentation. Participants will learn how to raise their status, reduce anxiety and create influence.
Participants will learn:
• How to present new ideas and strategies to C-Suite executives
• How to make compelling client presentations
• How to cultivate leadership presence in front of a group
• How to raise confidence, status, and level of trust while reducing anxiety
• How to better understand the spoken and unspoken needs of the audience
• How to focus and clarify your message to meet the needs of the audience
• How to use emotion to make the presentation memorable and impactful
• How to translate technical information for a senior-level audience
• How to make a remote presentation feel personal
• How to effectively open and close your presentation
• How to use vary your voice (volume, tempo, pitch, and tone) to make your message stick
• How to use stance, gestures, and body language
• How to effectively use PowerPoint slides so your audiences’ eyes don’t glaze over
• How to use eye contact to make each person feel personally addressed
APR’s Take Note! This event provides 1 credit toward your APR maintenance continuing education requirements.
About the Instructor
Sarah Gershman is president of Green Room Speakers, a speaker training company based in Washington, DC. Sarah is also an adjunct professor of communications at the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University where she lectures regularly to students from around the globe.
Sarah has trained executives and staff at a variety of national organizations and agencies. Recent clients include: Microsoft, Booz Allen Hamilton, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the US Department of Labor, the US Department of Justice, General Dynamics, Govini, Oath, the Robin Hood Foundation, Eli Lilly, Brookings, SBSB, ARC, Hertz, the Red Cross, World Bank, SBSB LLC, KCCT, Hickok Cole, RAND CC, PHRMA, the American Association of Blood Banks, the American Psychology Association, the Township of Woodbridge, PHRMA, The U.S. Department of Treasury Executive Institute, HOK, the Truman National Security Project, the Hudson Institute, the Smith Richardson Foundation, the Washington Area Legal Recruitment Administrators, WWPR. Perseus, LLC, the Schusterman International Center, The Embassy of Canada, the International Republican Institute, the National Democratic Institute, InsideNGO, the American Society for Training and Development, the International Foundation for Electoral Systems, the St. Louis Jewish Federation, the National Council on Teacher Quality, and So Others Might Eat (SOME).
Sarah combines more than 20 years of classroom teaching with a strong background in theater and the performing arts.
Sarah has a Masters in Social Work from Columbia University and a Masters in Judaic Studies from the Jewish Theological Seminary. Sarah received the Wexner Graduate Fellowship and graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the Johns Hopkins University.
June 21, 2019 - 8:30am to 12:00pm
8:30 to 9:00 a.m. – Registration, continental breakfast, networking
9:00 to 12:00 p.m. – Workshop and Q&A
1111 19th Street NW, 3rd Floor
Washington, DC 20036
$100 PRSA-NCC or WWPR Members
$125 PRSA Members
$10 additional at the door