Hosting Zoom Breakout Room Conversations
Linda Howard, CVF, PMP, CMC | Howard Consulting presents:
"Webinar - Hosting Zoom Breakout Room Conversations"
Want to host small group discussions in your online meetings? Learn to setup, use and practice Breakout rooms in Zoom.
About this Event
Zoom breakout rooms are an online way to break into small groups and go into a separate "room" to have a small group discussion.
Why would you want to use breakout rooms?
• Build community for staff, clients, customers and donors
• Host small group networking sessions
• Have roundtable discussions on topics important to your organization and mission
• Run fun game nights or trivia nights to build community
• In virtual happy hours,
• Morning coffee chats, storytelling events to get your mission and story out, educational lunch & learn sessions
• And many others
Each person who registers will also be invited to a practice session on Thursday, August 13, where you can practice being the Host and setting up breakout rooms before you host your own live session.
Each session will be a fun and interactive 90-minutes. Be ready to participate and be involved!
When: Host Zoom Breakout Rooms – Tuesday, August 4 or Monday, August 10, 12pm – 1:30pm EDT
Practice Session - Thursday, August 13, 12pm - 1:30pm
What we will cover:
• Explore tips and best practices for hosting your own Zoom meetings
• Turn on and configure Breakout Sessions & Polls in your own Zoom account
• NOTE - Polls are available in paid accounts only
• Explore when and how to incorporate Zoom Breakout rooms in your own meetings
• Learn how to set up and assign people to breakout rooms
• Explore how to manage breakout rooms as a Host
• Learn how to move between rooms as a co-host
This session gives you an opportunity to meet and network with other participants in a fun and engaging way during each breakout session. You may even want to form your own practice teams to help each other out!
You are also invited to the Practice Session – Thursday, August 13, 12pm – 1:30pm EDT
Participants from this and other sessions are invited to participate in this practice session. If you would like to create a poll (paid accounts only), set up an activity using the annotation tools, or set up and assign breakout rooms, this is the session to try those things. We will give feedback on what worked well, what didn't, and how you could improve your technique.
What you get:
• One 90-minute Breakout Room workshop
• One 90-minute Practice session
• Recording of both sessions
• Zoom Participant Guide to help you configure and participate with your own zoom account
Tickets are available for the full series (best deal) or for individual sessions.
• Breakout Workshop -- $45 each session
• Practice Session (included)
This is an introductory price through 8/31/2020. The price for future sessions may be higher.
PLEASE SET UP THE FOLLOWING IN ADVANCE OF THE SESSION
1. A Zoom account – you can get a free account if you don’t have one.
2. Download the Zoom app at www.zoom.us
3. Install the Zoom application to your laptop or desktop computer.
4. Use the laptop or desktop computer with the Zoom app. This workshop series is about hosting meetings and we recommend hosting from a laptop or desktop computer with the zoom application. A mobile device is limited in features for hosting.
5. After you register, you will receive a calendar link from Linda Howard and a zoom link to join the workshops.
Note: If your company does not allow emails from Zoom, please use your personal email to register and to sign up for a Zoom account.
Registration cancellation policy - No refunds. The recording will be sent to all who register for the workshop.
Course cancellation – Please note, we reserve the right to cancel the workshop with no less than 2 working days’ notice, without liability for any consequential or indirect loss. In this case, we will let you know by email and refund your booking with no charge.
Convener: Contact Linda Howard at Howard Consulting LLC if you would like help engaging your team and your customers virtually or building and maintaining strong team relationships. Working mostly with nonprofits and associations, during this pandemic we are also helping our clients and business colleagues learn to take their in-person workshops and events online. Contact us at www.howardconsultingllc.com.