The Terp Entrepreneur Network (TEN) presents:
What is TEN?
The Terp Entrepreneur Network (TEN) is a University of Maryland Alumni Association industry-focused group led together by university staff & alumni entrepreneurs to foster a vibrant Terp-alumni entrepreneurship ecosystem. TEN serves as a platform working to creatively harness UMD's resources & the power of the alumni network to empower alumni entrepreneurs to discover & unleash their entrepreneurial goals.
What is the EnTERPreneur Conference?
To celebrate the launch of our platform, we're hosting the inaugural EnTERPreneur Conference bringing together the UMD entrepreneur community. At this conference you will have the opportunity to:
• Connect with resources at UMD to help start or grow your business venture
• Learn from alumni and faculty experts to prepare your startup for success
• Network with other Terp entrepreneurs, investors and advisors and form relationships that will help you advance your career
• Celebrate the achievements of Terp entrepreneurs and learn why UMD has been rated in the top 10 entrepreneurship programs for five years in a row!
• Most importantly, learn how to make the TEN platform work for you!
*Check out the full session descriptions and panelist information HERE!
9:30am: Networking Breakfast
10:00am - 10:20am Welcome
10:20 - 11:00am Keynote Fireside Chat with Scott Nash, CEO & Founder of MOM's Organic Market
11:15 - 12:15pm Session 1 - Trends in Entrepreneurship
Four concurrent panels will be held covering the following areas:
1. Women in Entrepreneurship
2. Social Entrepreneurship
3. Corporate Entrepreneurship
4. Tech Entrepreneurship
12:30pm - 1:30pm Strategic Networking Lunch:Enjoy a catered lunch featuring Terp-owned businesses
1:45pm - 2:45pm Session 2 -Scaffolded Breakouts
Two concurrent workshops will be held to appeal to different stages of entrepreneurs:
1. Dingman Jumpstart (Prospective Entrepreneurs)
2. Future Skills in Entrepreneurship (Early stage - Seasoned Entrepreneurs)
3:00pm - 3:45pm Session 3 - Successes and Failures Panel (Rocky Road: It’s Not Just an Ice Cream)
3:45pm - 3:50pm Conference Closing
4:00pm - 6:00pm VIP Networking Reception: The conference will be followed by a cocktail networking reception catered by UMD businesses.
TEN Resource Table: Engage directly with TEN leadership, share your entrepreneurial goals and learn how the TEN platform can make them a reality.
UMD Resource Fair: Attendees will be able to engage with UMD affiliated organizations learn about the in-house entrepreneur resources available.
Early Bird Special(Dec 15th-Feb 7th)
Alumni Association Members: $20
Regular registration (Feb 8th)
AA Member: $30
Ticket refunds are not available for this event. However, as a special benefit, Alumni Association members may receive a refund up to two weeks before the date of the event.